Who We Are
Welcome to our website! Below is some biographical information to get to know us. We are happy you are here and we look forward to working with you to provide you with peace of mind and remove the stress that the IRS (and other government taxing authorities) can create. We work hard to protect you from the IRS so you can sleep better at night, providing services in a supportive and non-judgmental manner.
We are a firm that provides exceptional tax advice, tax consulting and tax planning designed to save you taxes. This can be accomplished through tax return preparation, tax consulting on special transactions you may encounter, audit representation with the IRS or Florida Department of Revenue, tax notice response and/or through interim or year-end tax planning.
More about Dan
Areas of Expertise
- Business structuring and entity selection
- Business tax planning and compliance
- Purchase or sale of business transactions
- Tax planning and compliance for high-wealth individuals
- Taxation in Real Estate (realtors, brokers, investors, property managers, mortgage brokers, surveyors, appraisers, etc.)
- Taxation of Medical Practices (Doctors, Dentists, Orthodontists, Ophthalmologists, Chiropractors, and Physical Therapists, to name a few)
- Taxation of Professionals (Architect, Engineers and Consultants)
- B.S., University of South Florida, 1993
- M.A.C.C (Tax specialization), University of South Florida, 2000
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Florida – 2000
- Member of Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Region IV Representative for the FICPA Council (2015-2017)
- FICPA Accounting Careers and Education Committee (FICPA) – Past Chair
- Brevard County Chapter of FICPA, Past President and current Director
- Regular Columnist for Florida Today Business Section
- Member of BNI Beeliners Networking Group (since 2010)
- Rockledge Soccer Club – Coach (11 years)
- Central Life Church – Partner since 2014
- Grace Fellowship Church – Former Member (Deacon April 2010 – March 2013)
- Brevard Field of Dreams – Vice-Chair – Board member since 2011 – involved since 2006
- Leadership Brevard – Class of 2006
- FICPA Outstanding speaker of the year – 2008-2009
- Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce, Business Resource Council, Chair 2014
- Rockledge High School Girls Soccer Booster Club – Past President
- Rockledge Rotary Club – Member
- Rockledge Rotary Club Foundation – Treasurer
- City of Rockledge – Director – Business Development Board – Economic Development Commission Representative to the Board and Ad Valorem Tax Council
- City of Rockledge – Commissioner – Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
- Former Bridges BTC – Treasurer – Board member from November 2010 to November 2015
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family (especially traveling the U.S. and in Europe), coaching youth soccer, playing adult soccer, watching movies, reading, watching college and professional football and woodworking. He is a big Tampa Bay Buccaneer and Rays fan along with the USF Bulls.
Dan Henn, CPA is the “tax man” behind the firm. He is the author of “The No Holds Barred, Candid Talk About Small Business Success In Florida” now available on Amazon.com. He has over 20 years of tax experience that is used to help the firm’s clients save taxes related to federal and state income taxes, state sales and use taxes, and property taxes.
Dan takes his time to educate his clients so that they are aware of their responsibilities, the tax laws and the necessary things they need to do to be in proper compliance with the taxing authorities. Dan does a thorough review of all prior returns to determine if there are any errors that may generate a prior year refund or areas of concern that need to be corrected.
The biggest thing Dan and his team has to offer is that they provide peace of mind in dealing with IRS issues so that you can sleep better at night.
Dan has previous experience with KPMG, LLP (Big 4 international accounting firm) and with Berman Hopkins Wright & LaHam (Large local Central Florida accounting firm)..
Christie joined Daniel Henn, CPA in January 2010. She has been the Office Manager and Greeter Extraordinaire doing her job with exceptional care. She is originally from Tuscaloosa, AL (and yes a big Alabama Crimson Tide fan – Rolllllllll Tide!), but was raised in Lakeland, FL. When she is not in the office, she enjoys spending time with her two beautiful daughters, cooking and working in her organic garden.
Nancy joined Daniel Henn, CPA in February 2017. She comes to us with extensive experience in Tax Resolution/IRS Collections. She works tirelessly to help our clients sleep better at night by helping them deal with the IRS by filing back tax returns and setup payment plans or even possibly not pay anything at all.
Nancy is orginally from Massachusetts
‘Closers’ have run their numbers, and they know that certain IRS problems can net them big fees. Sure, they’ll quote you a smaller fee during the so-called “financial analysis” in the beginning stages of the process – but they also know that there are lots of different ways that they can tack on additional fees during the process so that no matter what, they will get paid.
My team and I would like to invite you into a different kind of process.
Mind you – we are BULLDOGS when it comes to negotiating on behalf of our clients in front of the IRS. We have plenty of stories to prove it.
But what I’d FIRST like to do is to invite you to read my free report, that I’ve specially prepared for San Juan, Puerto Rico area individuals and businesses (which just so happens to be just as pertinent for someone who doesn’t happen to live in the area). I’m confident that after reading this report, that you will ignore ALL the calls from the national sales sharks who are circling the waters and coming after you.
We want to fight for you – and you will never have to speak with the IRS yourself.
Click the button on below to request your free report, and we’ll rush your copy to you immediately. Feel free to poke around our site and discover why I’ve been called “The Most Trusted Tax Professional in Brevard County.”
PS — If you are discussing your tax situation over the telephone with other firms, be sure to ask them one important question:
“Are you a licensed tax professional that is legally eligible to offer me tax advice, or are you a salesman?”
This is by far the single most important question you should ask anybody trying to offer you tax advice. If they are a salesperson, I highly encourage you to run quickly in the opposite direction.
Click the button on this page to request either of these free reports from us, and we’ll rush your copy to you immediately. Feel free to poke around our site and discover why I’ve been called “The Most Trusted Tax Professional in the Brevard County Area.” Talk again soon, Dan Henn, CPA, CTR
PS–When you grab either of these free reports, we’ll also add you to our weekly email series on “Real World” Strategy (for individuals). Our readers enthusiastically forward these to their friends and peers all the time, and they’re not your standard “tax tips”.
PPS–Already ready to come in?
I don’t blame you…many folks are fed up with the other options out there. Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at (321) 684-7200 or Email Us, we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
Talk again soon,
Dan Henn, CPA, CTR
- Small Business 100% 100%
- Tax Problem Resolution 95% 95%
- Individuals 80% 80%
- Additional Services 87% 87%
For many Brevard County business owners, the Memorial Day weekend is sometimes one that can feel a little lonely. While many of those around you are floating on a boat with a fishing pole in the water, or firing up the backyard grill, there you are in the office or in...
Sometimes it feels like all we face is turmoil. And this feeling is not restricted to those Brevard County businesses who survive "month-to-month". Even the best-capitalized among us can get trapped by the ever-increasing cycle of impending doom. This is especially...